Bismillah!

Bismillah!

Monday, October 09, 2006

A Glimpse Of The Truth

Dear Shaitan,

I'm not afraid of you, even though you have me trapped in a pattern of missed prayers, the dear of punishment overwhelms me.
However, I seen a glimpse of the truth when I was reminded by singing the birds that it was time for fajr.

I'm not malicious like you, even though the voice of hatred is heard when I yell at my kids their overcome with fear.
I seen a glimpse of the truth when I was reminded to repent overcome with remorse I dropped the switch and embraced them with love.

I'm not inspired by you, even though I constantly eat poisons when I drive up to fast food because I am too lazy to cook.
I seen a glimpse of the truth when my children smiled at dinner knowing the Muslim caterer said salawat over our meal 1,000 times.

I'm not destructive like you, even though my tongue lashes ill words to my husband or kids.
I see a glimpse of the truth, when opportunity arises to forgo my rights to please them only, as a servant I will gain jennah.

I’m not deliberately wayward like you, even though I worship new clothes, fine jewelry and money.
I seen a glimpse of the truth, when I beautify my dress in the night prayers or give away my possessions privately.

I’m not characterized as a harmful person like you, even though harm comes to those I backbite.
I seen a glimpse of the truth, when I take a chance and ask them for forgiveness our sisterhood bond increases.

I am not committed to the fire like you, although my sins weighed would certainly earn me jahanam.
I seen a glimpse of truth when I read in a hadith that those who love the Prophet will be with the one they love.

I am not connected to you, even though I fall into your traps repeatedly.
I seen a glimpse of the truth, when I choose to repent and renew my intention to please Allah, He takes two steps towards me.


Halima Nalo A

No comments:

Post a Comment