Salam `alaykum everyone,
2) DO NOT draw any attention to yourself, especially by driving with loud music (or quran, nasheeds, etc). Or keeping your window open...CLOSE your windows whenever alone.
3) DO NOT talk on the cell phone while you drive at night, be vigilant about your environment at ALL TIMES. Talking on the cell phone will distract you from the person stopped next to you at the red light or someone who may be following you. Check your mirrors frequently and if you notice ANY hostile behavior from another driver, DO NOT drive home. Rather, go to the nearest well-lit public place you can find and immediately call the police.
4) DO NOT park your car, whether it is at a shopping center or in a housing area, far from where you are going. If possible wait for a closer space OR (if going to someone's house) call someone (preferrably a male) to come and meet you in the parking lot and walk you inside.
5) INVEST in a pepper spray PLEASE. They are only $4.99 (or something like that) at Fry's Electronics and they attach to your keychain.
6) Walk all the way around your car and make sure everything is clear before getting in. And always LOCK your car doors, when you get out and when you get in.
7) And this last tip is of the UTMOST importance, PLEASEEEEEEEEEE by Allah (swt) I beg you to take my advice and invest in TWO very important articles of clothing. Just $20 could make a difference, please get these items NOW:
We must work together and stand firm, proud of our hijab, and take preventative measures such as the ones mentioned above to protect ourselves. Please keep the sister mentioned above in your duahs...if I hear anything further I'll let you know as soon as possible!