Bismillah!

Bismillah!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Correction to "white days" of fasting

Assalamualaykum wa Rahmatullah--

Update: Please check local, lunar dates for the 13th, 14th and 15th of Sha'ban. I was told today that our local masjid in Northern California declared Saturday as the 15th of Sha'ban which commences Friday at Maghrib. Thus, the three days of fasting for the 'white days' would be Thursday, Friday and Saturday, respectively.

Please let me know if your local area differs. NOTE: I am referring to local sightings and not Saudi Arabia or other International sightings. I don't intend a debate for this posting, either..

Jazakallah khayr!

ps: I will soon post a reply to "marriage = marring?!" insha'Allah..but I'm still hoping for some (more) insightful responses!

1 comment:

  1. Jazakallah khayr to a couple from South Africa who emailed me the following:

    Just a reminder that the 13th, 14th
    and 15th of Shabaan fall on the following dates for all the brothers and sisters in South Africa:

    13th – Thursday: 7th September
    14th – Friday : 8th September
    15th – Saturday : 9th September

    ReplyDelete